5.24.2011

Inspired

Here we are, another post about how I have nothing to wear...

I was inspired today by my Instagram friend Brooke. She wrote this blog. http://puttogetherattheseams.blogspot.com/2011/05/nothing-fits.html. She too recently gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, Wolfie, and she too is struggling with feeling "pretty" in her post-partum body. But she got up off her butt and went shopping. Her trip wasn't fruitful, but hey at least she went out into those dreaded dressing rooms and tried some clothes on. Her outlook is that she'll go out and buy some pretty clothes now, and then go out and buy some more pretty clothes when she loses her pregnancy weight. The best of both worlds! Why should I sit around in my jammies all day when I could find a few cute dresses or some comfy jeans that fit now. I feel so embarrassed when The Hun comes home from work and I either haven't showered at all(ew) or I've showered and at least changed into some clean jammies. Of course he says what he's supposed to and says that he doesn't care and that I'm beautiful and all that good stuff, but I want to feel beautiful...or at least cute. You may recall just a few days ago in my Fashion Friday? post I was saying how I was not quite comfortable with my weight. I only have about 10 lbs to lose before I get to my pre-preg weight but I'd like to lose another 10-15 on top of that. I am somewhat embarrassed to say that I have to squeeeeze into a size 12 or 13. I normally don't tell my size. I am 5'11", so that hides my weight a little bit. People say, "Whaaaa? You can't be 180 lbs!" Yes...yes, I am. :( BUT, I won't be forever. Recently my mom purchased Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD for me for mother's day. I purchased a cute floral romper from H&M in a size too small and declared it to be my "inspiration to lose weight".

Well, I huffed and puffed my way through day 1 of the DVD workout and when I woke up on day 2 I was in excruciating pain. Every muscle in my body hurt. I had to hold onto the counter in the bathroom to lower myself onto the toilet. I'm not complaining! To me, this is GOOD pain! Ladies, (gentlemen?) this DVD has GOT to work. By day 6 I could feel myself getting stronger. The workout was getting easier. My endurance was improving. I was considering moving up to stage 2 of the workout. I tried on my romper and the legs seemed just a little bit looser. Maybe my imagination, but hey, it was encouraging. But there's one problem. I'm exclusively breastfeeding Magnolia and my milk was suffering. I drink a ridiculous amount of water. I drank a bottle during my workout and another right after I work out. Plus I drink several more throughout the day. But she was fussing at the breast and I felt "empty". So I gave the workout up for now. I will just have to get myself out for walks, which is difficult during summer in the south. But I NEED to do it. I will also work on portion control. If these things don't help, so be it. I'll just be a little fluffy until I'm done nursing and then I will lose the weight. To me, nursing is a lot more important than fitting into that floral romper. 

So my latest project was to go through my closet and get rid of all of the things that are waaay too small. Or the things that I didn't wear even when I could fit into them. Or the gold Nike dunks that I never really wear. I can't afford to go out shopping, but I'll gather all of these things up and take them to the nearest Uptown Cheapskate. This is one of those types of consignment stores where you can bring in your old clothes to sell or trade. If you sell them they give you a certain percentage of what they will sell the clothes for. If you trade them for something else in the store you get a higher percentage. I prefer Buffalo Exchange but the nearest one is an hour away, which just won't do with a screaming 3 month old. This will be my first experience with Uptown Cheapskate, so we'll see how it goes. I will focus on finding clothes that FIT. I will NOT focus on the number inside the collar or inside the waistband. I'm NOT fat! My body is simply reserving what it needs to provide the best nutrition for my daughter. This will be my shopping mantra for the next year!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, such a great mind set! Keep it up girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I hope you find lots of pretties to wear NOW! :) You so deserve it, and it will make you feel so much better. Life is too short to spend it waiting for a smaller size. Your outlook is so good, kudos to you for making such an unselfish decision to prioritize feeding your baby! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great way to look at it! It's important to keep in mind that sometimes we are harder on ourselves than we need to be. I'm still learning this. I think I gotta go get this 30 day shred dvd. I keep hearing good things about it!

    ReplyDelete