5.18.2011

I'm Doing This!

See...I'm doing it! If you have found yourself here, then you may know me and you may know that I get all gung ho about something and then forget about it a few weeks later. Blogging may be one of those things. I hope not. I need a "creative outlet". I get all of these ideas for things I want to make, places I want to go, things I want to accomplish but I've never had a place to keep all of these thoughts in a pretty little package. Enter blogging. I tried a tumblr account and that ended up being a bunch of reposts of pretty pictures and other peoples ideas and dreams. I never did the LiveJournal thing, and I feel like FB will fade away eventually and all of my ideas will be lost into the interweb abyss. I'm hoping this blog will encourage me to express my own ideas...and maybe share a few ideas that I LOVE from some other folks.

What to expect: I'm kind of all over the place with my thought processes. I have a dozen projects I want to complete, but I get sidetracked with my next BIG idea. So you can probably expect me to be all over the place. Try to keep up, please. I'm a doting mother and I'm obsessed with my kids, 8 year old Hayden, a.k.a. The Dude and 3 month old, Magnolia Grace, this blog's namesake. I'm also pretty over the moon for my super hot hunsband, Brian. He will most likely be referred to as The Hun, Hun, my hunny, the hunsband or just plain B. I never call him Brian. It just seems weird. But he's my soulmate and best friend. As cliche as that sounds, I really mean it. I think we are the only 2 people in this world that could "get" each other. We have a chihuahua named Porkchop. The only way I know how to spell that is because B taught me to remember it as Chi-hoo-uh-hoo-uh. Totally works. Try it.

I was a "hippie" in high school and wore the ridiculous patchwork dresses that went along with it. I taught myself to sew because my mother certainly wasn't going to make those ugly dresses for me. So there's that. My mom did teach me how to knit and crochet. I took photography courses in high school and college. I pretend I know what I'm doing with my Nikon D40. I think I just get lucky and accidentally end up with awesome shots. I also like to collect old cameras.

I've recently picked up couponing. I'm kind of obsessed. There were no coupons in our newspaper this week and I felt cold and empty inside. I'll try to share some of the super sweet deals I come across. I live in NC, so they may only be southern deals. My absolute fav couponing website is www.southernsavers.com. She's amazing! She matches up weekly grocery and drugstore circulars to current coupons and even links you to printable coupons if they can be found on the web. LOVE! I've been doing this just a few weeks and have already stocked B up on about a years worth of body wash. Totally Free!! Ooooo, and free toothpaste, and toothbrushes and mustard. Who doesn't love mustard?

So that's as far as my mind seems to be wandering tonight. Welcome and enjoy. The blog design is still under construction so I apologize if it's not up to bloggy par.  :) Tomorrow I'll show you how I made these:

3 comments:

  1. Ooo I want to start couponing! Welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I'm happy you decoded to start up a blog! The way you talk about your husband is the way I talk about mine! We are absolutely soulmates :)
    I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog looks great. I rework my design every week. I think we would be amazing friends!

    ReplyDelete