6.04.2011

I'm a terrible blogger...

I will get the hang of this dangit! This week has been kind of hectic, and Miss Magnolia has been a real fussbutt. I'm still not sure what's going on with her. I'm thinking it's a dairy sensitivity. I've cut down on my dairy intake, but I keep having slip-ups. This should be at the front of my brain at all times, but I keep catching myself downing a glass of milk or chomping away on a cheese stick. Anybody that has known me a long time knows that I have an unhealthy obsession with milk. Yes, that's possible. I could go through a gallon in 2 days. And don't even get me started on chocolate milk! So in order to see if she really has a sensitivity, I need to cut it out entirely. So I'm posting this hoping that putting all my bizz out in the streets will help me remember.

My last post I mentioned that we were going to be picking up our new (to us) Saab. We did that on Wednesday. We picked it up from a friend's house where it had been parked for a few months. The battery was dead so we had to jump start it. B and my friend's husband may or may not have had to google how to jump a car...
looking for the battery...ha!

Saab Dylan? Saab Barker? Saaberta Flack? Open to suggestions here...

After we sent the hubs off to work in our new car, the kids and I went over to a friend's house for an evening swim. It was perfect! The water was just cool enough to feel refreshing, but not too cool for Lil Miss. The Dude had a blast splashing everybody and Magnolia actually fell asleep in the pool! I was holding her facing out with just her bottom half in the pool and swaying her back and forth and she was out. Kind of adorable. I snapped a photo of her in her swimsuit for the first time, but it was with my phone and kind of dim so this is what I got.
I unintentionally matched her suit with mine from last year, but I don't think I'll be wearing it anymore anyway. My cups runneth over so I will need to purchase a new suit asap. Her suit is super adorbs. We got it at Gymboree which I think is a bit overpriced for their clothes, but they are having a sale in which everything in the store and online is $12.99 or less. So we got this lil $23 number for $13!



Thursday was the hunsband's 31st birthday! I'm married to an old man! The Dude was at school all day, so Maggie and I took it easy at home. I put this adorable little outfit on her.

I just about died from the cute! It's a 6 month outfit and the little leggings were digging into her belly and the ruffly top had some very itchy stitching on the inside, so that lasted just about long enough to snap a few pics and then she was done. I don't think she's a big 3 month old. I would be concerned about the health of a 6 month old that fit into that outfit...

For B's birthday dinner we had a group of about 20 friends meet up at our favorite Mexican joint. I decided to forgo a camera because Magnolia was having an off evening and I wanted as little distractions as possible. I had The Dude bring his camera and he ended up with A LOT of pictures of our friend's little girl, Sierra. She's 2 years older than him and he's in leeeerrrrvvvvv! He's already asked if I was ok with her being my daughter in law. I love her and her parents, so I'm all for it...in about 30 years... The rest of the pics were blurry or of extreme close-ups.

Of course they brought out the sombrero and sang ridiculously loud.
And the kids passed it around.
Cierra
Today I drug my slack butt out of bed and actually bathed (yes!) and put on real clothes (yes!) and dressed the kids (yes!). I've been thinking of setting up a booth at our local Indie Market and selling some of my crafty goodies. So, today I slathered the kids with sunblock and headed out. It was more than disappointing. There were maybe 8 tents and it was mostly old lady junk. Not even cute old lady junk, which I have a passion for. Just junk. There were maybe 10-15 other people browsing. I'm not sure it would be worth my time. :/ The "Indie" name was a little misleading. I hear there are a few other Indie Markets around, so I may look into those. This one was just close to home and only $20 for booth rent. I did put this vintage top on Magnolia and again I was overcome with the cute. 
Top: Vintage(no tag) - Thrifted
Bloomers: Circo - Gifted
The Dude has pretty exceptional fashion sense as well. I have always said I won't allow too much cheesiness in his wardrobe and luckily he picks out some pretty awesome threads on his own.
Tank: H&M
Shorts: Gap cutoffs
Boat Shoes: Sonoma - Kohl's
So that's what we've been up to this week. I got a super genius idea for next week's Fashion Friday. So stay tuned for that! I'm hoping my mom will make a not-so-surprise visit tomorrow cause I miss her, ya know? Maybe I'll introduce y'all to her!

And those of you that are always marveling over Magnolia's beautiful blue eyes...behold...

Mine are a varying shade of blue and green. Daddy's are amazingly blue. My dad's are bright blue as well, so hopefully she keeps them!!






3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I LOVE her bathing suit! I was just looking for a new one, suits are expensive (for adults!)

    that stinks about the possible milk allergy, let me know how it works. Judah has been Mr fussy pants to lately, not sure why, but has been pooping allot more, I am thinking he might be sick :-( at first I thought it was teething but no way can teething cause him to poop so much. He has his 6 month check up once we get back from San Fran so I am going to ask his Dr about it.

    How did you make the grab a button?
    Your blog is turning out so cute :-)
    and I think you should run at craft booth, not at the lame place with no good stuff though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an adorable bathing suit! Sounds like you have had some busy days! Don't worry about being a slacker on your blog. I do it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel with the milk protein allergy.. I thought it'd be okay if I had a little bit of cheese here & there, but after taking her to the doctor today, they said zero dairy.. Basically, I have to do a total elimination diet.. Start out with bland foods & gradually add things in to see what else is making her tum hurt. They think it's more than just the milk protein. Sigh.. =[

    ReplyDelete